Thursday 14 October 2010



A list of my essentials, idea stolen from Sarah Wilson's blog and other lovely places, but modified very slightly for my own purposes! I don't fill out these sorts of things often, but this one really appealed to me, for some reason. Let's go:

1. What I wear
Well, I never wear pants, and jeans very seldom; I live in tights during Winter, because I feel most comfortable in dresses, skirts and pretty blouses. Striped tops, polka dots and white blouses and tees are a massive weakness of mine--I just can't resist crisp white for making me feel fresh and polished. I always love florals, and since Spring is my season (I read somewhere recently that Spring is a state of mind, and I couldn't agree more), at the moment I'm obsessed with pastels and blooms. I am also terribly attached to blazers, jackets and cardis. I have way too many for a girl living in Queensland.

2. What I eat
My very favourite food is the humble apple, particularly of the green and crunchy variety, but I love a Pink Lady or a massive Japanese Fuji, too. I also eat way too much chocolate (very, very dark, though), love to much on cereal and muesli, can pack away an impressive array of vegetables at a go, and would really hate to give up yoghurt. Green tea ice cream, fresh berries, watermelon, sushi and rice paper rolls are favourites, too.

3. How I hydrate
Water, mostly, but I always forget to drink as much as my body needs, which seems to be a ridiculous amount--about four litres a day! I'm also obsessed with tea, particularly vanilla green tea from T2 or any other good tea store, jasmine milk bubble tea with pearls, Earl Grey and English Breakfast. I love coffee but that's not so hydrating and I am incredibly picky about it so have it only a couple of times a week.

4. My favourite things to do when I'm a bit flat
Yoga always cheers and heals me. I love to do a strenuous class like RPM, followed by yoga, and then head out to explore and observe the world after a nice shower. I always feel so clearheaded and refreshed. 

5. My favourite smell
I adore jasmine and gardenia, the smell of a good book, baking bread and coffee.

6. My essential online aid
Instaper is pretty great, I must say.

7. What I do for fun
When in Japan, KARAOKE. It is not so fun here in Australia, though, where mostly I just like to hang out with friends, go exploring or head to the beach, which I love beyond all reasoning. Picnicking is also a lovely pursuit.

8. How I feel better
Taking time out to look after myself and get organised always makes me feel better. A big cup of tea and a few good hugs always help, too.

9. What nourishes me
I find that I need a good balance between spending time with the people I love and just being on my own. With uni and work at the moment, I probably spend a little more time in solitude than I would like, but I do really cherish having a few quiet mornings alone a week. I like to get up in my own time (usually ridiculously early, anyway), make a yummy, healthy breakfast, read the news, my favourite blogs or a book, and drink my tea slowly before getting ready. Even if this is all done in a relatively short space of time, just half an hour or so, I still feel so much better and less starved for a break from it all if I start my day like this. I really need to add a bit of yoga to my routine, though. 

10. What inspires me
Poetry! People around me. The world, even though it can be brutal.

11. My guilty pleasure
Chocolate! I have such a weakness. I try to stick to one or two squares of good quality, dark chocolate a day. It's just so good! Another big one is bags. I adore clothes and shoes, too, but bags are always good to you, if you can find the right one (or two, three or... ten)--they never hurt your feet and don't depend on whether or not you're having a fat day! I am really picky about what I like, mind you, and prefer quality over quantity. 

12. My favourite feelings
Being wrapped up in a big warm hug, especially if it is from a certain boy, and I can drift off to sleep safely. Sitting in the sun at that certain time of day--somewhere between 3.30 and 5.00 PM, usually--when the light slants just right, takes on that delicious golden tint and makes me feel like life and time are limitless. 

3 comments:

  1. Great post!

    Just came across your blog!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    I really like your blog! Your outfit posts are really lovely.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely post, I found myself nodding along to everything you said! Especially your "what nourishes me" point - just beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete