Thursday 14 October 2010

Pleased to meet you!



With another year tucked safely behind me, stored softly in my memory, I find myself changed yet again, and I thought that perhaps a new beginning with this often attempted, frequently aborted blog was in order. When I started out, I had intended to stick to fashion, thread and fabric, but love all three though I do, found that alone difficult to sustain, especially as I am much too shy for many (if any) outfit posts, and lack the camera skills, anyway. As incessant as my prattle tends to be in real life--or so I've been told!--I do really miss having a cosy space with which to fill those thoughts I want to siphon out and distill at a more leisurely pace before sharing them with a corner of the world. I'm hopeless at paper diaries, try as I might--I've been spoiled by the digital age, and I like knowing that there's that chance, sorely missing from paper and pen journaling, that someone, somewhere might respond.

And so here I am. I'm just a somewhat silly girl studying Arts and Law, hoping to graduate and maybe find a job that will let me help people some (hopefully not too) distant day in the future. I love fashion, books and poetry, design, breakfasts out... lots of things, really, and my favourite people especially! Pleased to meet you. xo

1 comment:

  1. I think it's nice to have a place to write your thoughts, and wouldn't worry too much about sticking to one topic! It is your blog after all so the only person who is the boss is you!

    I sometimes worry that people will lose interest in mine, as I post fashion, photography, things I did on the weekend, food and cooking stuff, etc etc, but I think it is nice for followers to see that you are a real person!

    Nice to meet you too!!

    ReplyDelete